Friday, June 12, 2009

Boys, Bikes, and Band-Aids

This past weekend we were able to visit Brian's parents (a.k.a. Grammy and Pappy) in Williamsburg, Virginia. The boys had been looking forward to the trip all week. We all enjoyed the day. We brought along Grant and Bryce's bikes and it was in Grammy and Pappy's driveway on Saturday that they finessed their skills of riding without training wheels. Since then we have been riding in our neighborhood at every available opportunity. Grant and Bryce are proud of this accomplishment and are enjoying their new pastime. Bryce seems to be especially brave on his two-wheeler, a scary thought as he has not mastered the brakes as of yet. Last night I told him that I'd put a band-aid on his knee where he had gotten some "road rash" from a fall earlier in the week. Then he told me, "Mom when we went in the circle (cul-de-sac) I went in the gravel but I didn't wreck." I thought he was declaring his expertise until he followed this comment with, "I tried to wreck, but I didn't." Surprised, I confirmed what he had said and asked why he would want to wreck. "Because I want more band-aids than Carter," he replied matter-of-factly. Who knew that there is competition among brothers as to whom has the most band-aids?

Learning to play "Go Fish" with Grammy.







No comments:

Post a Comment