Sunday, August 2, 2009

REAL Indians


Playing outside last Saturday afternoon, Grant and Bryce pretended to be Indians. They worked diligently to build a fire, collecting rocks to surround the fire and leaves for kindling--all pretend of course. Brian, watching, decided it would be fun to show them how to build a REAL fire (I'm still wondering just why he thought this would be a good idea). So, magnifying glass in hand, he explained how the sunlight, through the glass, could start a fire. Grant sat for a very long time out in the sun waiting for that first spark (I guess it did keep them occupied for a while). When the fire was finally going and smoke filled our backyard, Grant said to Brian, "Dad, I'm glad you're such a good dad."

1 comment:

  1. Not so sure myself - but it is something I would have shown them too because it's cool!!! Just another thing for you to watch out for. And yes, Brian - you are a good dad. :)

    ReplyDelete