Sunday, October 25, 2009

Autumn fun

On Friday the boys and I enjoyed a beautiful autumn afternoon together in our backyard. The colors on the trees are amazing this time of year. What a wonderful Creator we have!




Despite the boys' efforts at raking the leaves into a pile, not quite enough leaves have fallen yet for a lot of jumping into. Bryce and Carter had fun making "leaf angels."




Bryce and his acrobatics. We drove by our new house this week and were amazed at the progress. The construction process is almost complete. I told Bryce excitedly that the house is almost finished and that we will be moving in soon. He remarked candidly, "It's not done yet. They still need to put in the playground."

3 comments:

  1. Gretchen,
    I love reading your blog because it brings back such great memories for me when my children were small! Thank you for that gift!

    I can't believe how big the boys are getting...especially Grant. He looks so big in that tree! So much older. I guess since he's the oldest of the group he has to maintain that older brother "look".

    I hope all is going well with you. I'm sure you are excited about getting into the new house. Please post some pictures so that we can see it! I know it's just a house now, but soon you will make it a home.

    Love to all of you!
    Auntie Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves are beautiful, but having your kids in the tree was such a perfect shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you're going to have to change the name of your blog...maybe four guys and a princess...?

    Trish

    ReplyDelete