Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow-versations

The past few weeks we have gotten more than our fair share of snow around here. Neither Brian or I are big fans of the white stuff but have attempted to make the best of being snowed in for two weekends in a row with our five little ones.

Because of the snow there have been a few conversations (snow-versations) that struck me as funny.
While waiting in the checkout line at Walmart on Friday afternoon before the big snow (along with everyone else in town), I overheard a disgruntled Walmart employee explaining to the customer at her register, "Ma'am if it has snow in the word, we don't have it. Snow shovel, snow boots, snow sled, snow pants, snow gloves, we ain't got it!"
It seems that everything has been affected by the snow. School has been out, church services cancelled and many of the activities that the children and I do on a weekly basis have been called off because of the snow. Yesterday, in an attempt to get out of the house I decided that the roads were clear enough for us to venture to Chick-fil-a for dinner. As I rounded everyone up to get into the van, explaining excitedly that we were going to Chick-fil-a, Bryce asked me, "Mom, is Chick-fil-a cancelled?"
You know you've gotten a lot of snow when your three-year-old screams excitedly from the back seat of the car, "Mom, look---GRASS!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment