Saturday, July 3, 2010

Birthday Fun



In addition to celebrating our anniversary in June, I also celebrated my birthday. This year I was blessed to be able to celebrate on several occasions with friends and family including a home-cooked meal at my parents, dinners with girlfriends, and a special evening out with my sister. We also had some family photos taken for my birthday (they will be posted soon!). It was fun to be able to celebrate all month long!

The evening out with my sister was actually a birthday present. My parents surprised me with tickets to a live performance of The Sound of Music at the Empire Theatre in Richmond for my birthday. The Sound of Music has been my long-standing favorite movie (how can you possibly not like it?) and I was thrilled to be able to see it performed on stage. Susannah treated me to dinner and her friend, Madeline, joined us to see the play. The entire performance was done amazingly well and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. I have been singing and humming "My Favorite Things" ever since...

No comments:

Post a Comment