Thursday, October 21, 2010

Field trip

Last week I was able to go with Bryce's kindergarten class on a field trip to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. We enjoyed a nice fall morning at the garden with lots of hands on learning for the kids.

Bryce and his friend Neil on the bus. It had been a very long time since I'd ridden on a school bus. I'd forgotten just how fun those bumps on the road can be!

The kids in my group holding up the bookmark they made by coloring with flower petals. This was Bryce's favorite part.

Our guide showing the kids a cotton plant.

Planting a flower in the garden.

Picking radishes from the vegetable garden.

It was a tremendously fun time! I enjoyed pointing out God's awesome design in all of the plants we learned about. The more I learn about nature the more I am amazed at just how creative God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment