Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nerf gun wars

As I've mentioned before, we have quite an abundance of Nerf gun wars at our house. Part of the fun of having four boys, I suppose.

The other day I had to settle a dispute between two battling brothers.

One boy, almost in tears, was losing and was quite upset at the advantage his adversary had gained over him. "It's not fair!" he complained, "Carter is on his team and I can't hide anywhere because he'll sniff and find me!"

You see, Carter pretending to be a dog, had joined forces with the other brother and was "sniffing for the enemy." Nose in the carpet, he did a pretty good imitation of a following a scent.

"It's not fair!"

I then tried to explain, " Carter can't really follow your scent like a real dog. He's just pretending. Perhaps you need to find a better hiding spot."

In the end, the distressed boy lost the war that day and I'm not sure I was successful at convincing him that his brother doesn't have an especially acute sense of smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment