Saturday, October 29, 2011

Capturing Quotes

We recently received a letter from Luis, our Compassion child in Ecuador. The boys enjoy getting correspondence from Luis. After reading the message to them, I remember making a point to show the boys the Spanish words that were written on one side and the English translation on the other.

As a handwriting assignment this past week, Bryce wrote a letter to Luis. After he had completed the assignment I looked at his beautiful artwork, but not so beautiful handwriting and asked him if this was his best work.

"But mom," he told me "it doesn't matter because they are going to transform it. Remember?"

**************************************************

My engineer husband cracks me up with the things he says sometimes.

Claire has introduced us to the world of girly screams. Oh yes, I've been told many times lately that she has a "good set of lungs."

This week when Brian was dealing with our squealing little girl he picked her up and said matter-of-factly, "Decibel per pound, she's the loudest kid we've got."

No comments:

Post a Comment