Saturday, February 11, 2012

A+

We didn't hand out report cards this past week at the Little Academy. However, the following conversations took place which assure me that my boys are learning.

At the breakfast table one morning, while discussing the strengths and weakness of various superheroes, one boy explained to his younger brother that IronMan has a significant weakness: he cannot go under water. He went on to explain how iron will rust when exposed to water and oxygen. Wow!

One boy told me that he had a hard time breathing at the top of the maze at Chick-fil-a. "Because," he said remembering our discussion from the prior week, "the air gets thinner the higher up you go and it is harder to breathe." A little bit of a stretch, but he did get the idea.

Just this morning we were pouring milk into our cereal bowls when one boy asked, "What weighs more, a gallon of milk or a gallon of water?" So, we talked about density (and for all of you science buffs out there, I did explain that a gallon is a measurement of volume and not mass) and that the density of milk is greater than that of water.

I do know one thing for sure, I am learning a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment