Friday, November 14, 2008

Things I've learned about boys this week

While I am blessed to be the mother of four little boys, I still have quite a lot to learn about boys. You see, I have never actually been a boy and I have learned that they act, think, feel, and do things differently than I did as a little girl. These are some of the things I have learned this week:
1. Pretending to be construction equipment can be hazardous to your health. Carter has recently developed an affinity for construction equipment (which I have learned is a male trait that develops at approximately two years of age). This being said, he decided to pretend to be a bulldozer earlier in the week. He did this by crawling on his knees with his face buried in the carpet as he 'plowed' the room. Unfortunately, his cute face now has a nasty rug burn across his nose as a result of all the pretend play.



2. Underwear is hilarious. On the way home from school one day this week Grant and Bryce discovered their bag of extra clothes that I keep in the car (you never know when a little boy might need to change out of soiled clothes--see below). They pulled out their spare pair of underwear and threw them up and at each other shouting, "Underwear!" and laughing hysterically. As I hollered back at them, "Stop throwing your underwear in the car!" I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath as I saw Buzz Lightyear and Spider-man underwear getting tossed about in the rear-view mirror.

3. Yes, puddles are irresistible. I don't think I need to elaborate on this one.

2 comments:

  1. I also find it interesting how boys can find a way to use the words, "poo-poo" and "butt", in just about any sentence.

    You'll be able to write a textbook on boys by the time you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Gretchen, Your story brought me back to the time when Brian was around kindergarten or first grade. We had his new little friend over for some play time and the boy's mom was visiting with me in the family room....in walks Brian with his tidy-whities upside down on his head with the leg holes sticking up like antennae! He thought it was just a part of some kind of outer space type costume, (I think that's what I remember) and I was kinda embarrassed though the other mom and I did just have to laugh. So maybe this underwear fixation is indeed a boy-thing---ha! I can just visualize that underwear flying in your vehicle....funny stuff.......love, Grammy L.

    ReplyDelete