Saturday, January 31, 2009

The things they say

Children say the funniest things! While I wish I had time to document all the hilarious things that come out of the mouths of my boys, there were a few from yesterday that struck me as funny.
While wiping the peanut butter off Bryce's face after lunch I commented on what a cute face he has to which he replied, "Don't say cute, mom. Cute is a bad word." Apparently he is too mature for such doting from mommy.
Later, while playing together with his 101 Dalmation toys, I picked up one of the plastic dogs and said in a little puppy voice to the toy that Bryce was holding, "What's your name?" Bryce looked at me (trying not to roll his eyes) and said, "Dogs don't talk mom, they say 'woof'."
That afternoon on our way to run an errand I told the boys that we needed to stop to get gas because we were almost on empty. The boys, I've gathered, must think that I put off filling up the tank until the last possible minute because Grant said, "But mom, we're going pretty fast still" as if we ordinarily rolled into the gas station on nothing but fumes.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess he comes by it honestly. I told Nana about Bryce's comment and she told me that when I was about that age, she said "such a sweet boy". I said back, "no Mom, I'm handsome".

    Love y'all,
    Pappy

    ReplyDelete