Friday, March 19, 2010

Brotherly Love


While I am immensely enjoying the new experience of being a mom to a little girl, I still love being a mother of boys. It is especially fun watching the interaction between my boys and seeing the special relationship of brothers.

Recently Grant had a rough day at school. He usually loves going to school but on this particular day came home upset about the way another child had treated him and all around had just had a bad day. We talked about it and he cheered up quickly but Bryce took notice. Later that afternoon Bryce whispered in my ear that he wanted to write Grant a note that said "I love you" and hide it in his backpack. The next day, all on his own, Bryce cut out a piece of paper, found a pencil, and wrote a message to his big brother. He then had me put the note in Grant's backpack.

When Grant found the note he gave Bryce a tackle and tousled his hair, which (now that I am somewhat familiar with boy language) I interpreted as "I love you too."

3 comments:

  1. Boys show affection through wrestling and wrestling words!I love it when my pre-teens reach out to their siblings that way. I miss it when the teens move into that dessert where they don't reach out that way.

    What a beautiful memory. I think you should find that note and frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet to see how they care about each other. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Behind that twinkle in Bryce's eye is a tender hearted boy! Can't wait to see y'all.

    Grammy & Pappy

    ReplyDelete