Thursday, January 6, 2011

Out and About

Our computer has been broken for the past couple of weeks but fortunately my handy hubby was able to do the repair (had to wait on the part to be delivered) and I am back online. I have some catching up to do!

I realized that there were a few fun outings we did in November that failed to make it to my blog.

The older boys and I "skipped" school one day and took our own field trip to the Jamestown Settlement in Jamestown, Virginia. Fortunately, my mother-in-law was willing to take the little ones for the afternoon (she lives just minutes away from Jamestown) . Grant and Bryce and I spent a fun afternoon together touring the Jamestown Settlement. As a history enthusiast, I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and the boys were able to see many of the things they had been discussing in class around the Pilgrims and the Native American Indians and the first Thanksgiving feast. They listened intently to the Indian woman describing how the Powhatan Indians made arrows and both boys couldn't spend enough time on the ships, looking over every nook and cranny and imagining what it was like to sail across the Atlantic.










Another highlight in November was Brian taking Grant and Bryce to play golf. Both boys enjoy playing and their abilities continue to improve. They had fun being out on the course with their dad.









One of our favorite spots to visit in Richmond is Maymont park. And in November, right before Thanksgiving, my sister Susannah was home from college and able to join us for a morning at the park. We had fun enjoying the nice weather and letting the boys run off some energy.











What does the camera taste like?


My little sister and my little girl. Love you gals!


Rolling down the big hill. So much fun.


Susannah was kind enough to offer to take a photo of me and the kids. As you can see below, this is always quite the challenge...


"Look at Aunt Su-Su, Claire!"


"No, you can't eat the leaves."


"But, I want the leaves!"


"Hey, what's that stick?"


We were all laughing by the end of the photo shoot, all except Claire anyway. The boys were glad to go back to playing. Thanks, Susannah for the photos. And thank you for your pleasant company at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment