Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas song, Bryce rendition

I am not at all musically inclined, but I love Christmas music. I play it in the car Thanksgiving through New Year (at a minimum) and "Away In a Manger" or "Silent Night" are the typical bedtime lullabies in December.
While sitting at the table eating lunch yesterday, Bryce held up a slice of apple from his plate and pointed out, "Mom, it looks like a heart!" He then said, "It's like 'Heart! The Herald Angels Sing!'" and went on to sing "Heart! The Herald Angels Sing". I just smiled and said, "Yes, that's right Bryce, 'Heart! The Herald Angels Sing.'"

2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, I don't think it gets better than that....sweet moments in time to cherish always.....love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, That is adorable! Reading your blog brings back so many memories of when my kids were little...This story in particular. When Seth was little, he asked me one day to "sing the raisin song!" HAving no idea what he meant, I asked him to tell me more about the song. He looked at me, and with a little frustration in his voice, He said, "You know Mommy, Raisin, raisin All Ye Little Children.." :) Good memories! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete