Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sweet I love yous

My house is not as tidy as I would like for it to be at the moment, I have spit-up on my clothes, there are still Christmas gifts yet to be purchased, and I am writing this while holding a fussy baby, but I am so grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with, especially my four little boys.
Grant, our five year old, has been exceptionally sweet lately. He was upstairs playing in his room a couple of nights ago and came down with a surprise for Brian. He pulled out the Magna-doodle from behind his back to show his daddy what he had written:

Yesterday afternoon while I was sitting on the floor Grant wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I love you, mom!" I love getting hugs from my boys, especially when they initiate the hug. I casually said that that's what I want for Christmas, lots of hugs. Then as I tucked the boys in last night, Grant opened his arms wide and said, "Mom, I have a present for you!" It took me moment to realize that he had remembered what I had said and was offering a big hug as an early Christmas present.

1 comment:

  1. Gretchen, I don't think it gets better than that....sweet moments in time to cherish always. Grammy

    ReplyDelete