Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sweet sayings

Soon after their arrival, all four of our boys have received a hand knit blanket from my dear friend, Melissa. They have been special gifts; with each pregnancy I have anticipated the coming blanket and they have been much-loved by the boys. Bryce, in particular, is quite fond of his "blankie" and continues to sleep with it every night (in fact, he has to have it to go to sleep). Bryce's blanket is noticibly showing its four years of cuddling and while not nearly as pretty as it was four years ago (the once soft green color is now rather dingy and it is quite tattered around the edges), it couldn't be more loved.
The other night while Brian was tucking Bryce in he crawled up in his bed, hugged his blanket and said in all seriousness, "Daddy I love you. I love you like I love my blankie." Those were sweet words to Brian. Bryce is rarely so verbal with his affection and Brian realized that to be put in the same category as his dearly loved blanket was a huge compliment.
We both got a chuckle out of Bryce's comment when Brian relayed the story to me downstairs. It was a fun parenting moment as well as a special memory to cherish.

2 comments:

  1. Gretchen, What a sweet story of love! I think little Bryce likes his "lovie" like Brian liked his beloved, old, squashed-out bunny.....remember the one we showed you several years ago? He also needed it to get to sleep and we spent some times looking for it only to find it in very funny places (like my pots and pans drawer, inside a lidded pot, one of the longest times away from him). Thanks for the heart-warming story....something tells me that Bryce will be supplying those for years to come.....maybe he'll be a writer one day like his mom! Love, Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen, Thanks for the lovely selection of tunes. We listened to it tonight as a family while we were doing stuff around the house. Such great festive music!

    ReplyDelete